Thursday 9 August 2007

The new season beckons!


Q: What happens when a London-based Premiership football club offers season tickets for £299?
A: You get a lot of football tourists signing up to watch top tier football at £16 a game.

Well that's what's happened this season with Fulham. A bunch of us who support Manchester United (me), Middlesbrough, Brighton & Hove Albion, Tottenham Hotspur (apparently) and Preston North End, have all signed up to experience a league campaign from the Hammersmith End of the Grade II listed Craven Cottage. Fortunately we have an existing season ticket holder and Fulham fan to aid us.

It's odd. When the wheeze first came about, I was all excited about being a season ticket holder for the first time in 21 years. Now, with the season about to start, I'm strangely apprehensive about everything. I follow enough teams as it is: do I really need another one? How will the proper Fulham fans feel about our experiment? It is a bit patronising after all.

With the first home match on Wednesday night against Bolton, FFC have been offering season ticket holders additional seats at £5 each. It could be viewed as a good time to get a full house and persuade people to come in for the rest of the season. But it seems a bit desperate - clubs should really be able to fill their ground on the first home game of the season. Mind you Bolton and Boro aren't the two most appetizing fixtures to start off with I suppose.

Still I think that Sanchez has bought extremely well this close season and I have a feeling the team will not struggle like most papers are predicting.

Most Anticipated Player: Jimmy Bullard. 'Nuff said.
Least Favourite Player: Zat Knight. It would have been Michael Brown, but luckily he's buggered off. I guess Zat's slightly flattered to deceive in the past in my opinion.
Season prediction: League - 11th. League Cup - Quarter finals. FA Cup - Fifth Round.

No comments:

Rich Text

Bad

Bad